Tuesday, December 4, 2012

An Inspirational Post, Hopefully

As my birthday draws nearer... I found a piece of paper outlining my birthday wishes from last year.

"A House"
One day I will have a house. It won't be big. Big houses are hard to clean. I'll share it with my friends, and we'll paint the walls. But not blue or pink or yellow. The walls will be masterpieces. They will be Starry Night with a touch of Picasso, a collage of scrap music paper, aged by tea bag tricks, a wall of quotes, and a graffiti wall. One of them will be splatter painted. One of them will have glued on envelopes with a thousand pick me ups inside. A photo wall, too. One wall will have a map of the world and we'll write the places we want to go. And it will be a library. There will be shelves of books every which way and that and a long spiral staircase that branches out so every room is accessible but one, which you'll have to use the rock climbing wall to reach. That one? Its walls will be white. At the top of the house, with a window, maybe scented with air freshener. It will be empty. One empty room in a house that is alive. It will be nobody's room. Just a room with a view and a fresh breeze and thoughts.
*The End*

ANYWAY. Today is a day of quotes because I have to put mine in the yearbook and decide before winter break!! Here are a few of my favorite ones.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible."

"Everything you can imagine is real.”

“It's not about what it is, it's about what it can become.”  

“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” 

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”

And my favorite... "Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever."

Smile!
xx Anya

2 comments:

  1. I've come to visit, due to the thoughtful comment you left for me. It looks like you might be a new blogger? If so, you have found your calling. The beautiful way you weave your words is like a work of art. I loved reading about your 'house' that you want(ed). It's the type of house I would love to visit. Happy early birthday (mine is coming up too)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh anya, that is beautiful, I hope you have that house, I wish I had the ability to be poetic, but well my house is full of kids! What did you end up going with for the year book? Happy birthday if I didn't miss it already xo

    ReplyDelete